Ahoy, swashbuckling pirates and mermaids! Grab your beach towel and your flip flops! #DisneyCruiseLife at Home just dropped a mind-blowing cookie recipe to add to your summer to-do list.
You’ll be singing sea chanties while you mix up these mouth-watering Mermaid Tail Cookies! No need to make your own crustacean *ahem* creation, we’ve got the recipe for you right here!
Follow along with the recipe from Disney Family below and make a splash with these yummy treats! While you’re at it, don’t forget to try this Chocolate Soufflé recipe or these Guava Glazed Ribs recipe from Disney Cruise Line too! We think these recipes are perfect for going under the sea.
- Batch of chilled sugar cookie dough (homemade or store-bought)
- Rolling pin
- Wax paper
- Baking sheet
- Cooling rack
- Kitchen knife
- White cookie icing
- Candy necklaces or other small candies
- Colored sugar (optional)
- Food decorator pens (optional)
If the store-bought brand of dough you use is too soft to hold the cookie shapes during baking, you can knead in a little extra flour to stiffen it before rolling it out.
- Print the template from the Disney Family website and cut it out. Roll out the dough on a floured surface to 1/4-inch thickness, then use the template and a knife to cut out mermaid tail cookies. Bake the cookies according to the recipe directions and let them cool.
- Working with one cookie at a time, spread cookie icing on the tail fin. Then spread more icing on a 2-inch section of the tail just above the fin and gently press candies into it, arranging them close together to resemble scales. Continue frosting and decorating the rest of the tail a section at a time until you reach the top. Or, you can simply sprinkle colored sugar on the icing in place of the candy.
- Set the cookies aside until the icing hardens. Then use food decorator pens to embellish the tail fins with colorful lines, if you like.
There you have it! We think these cookies are fit for a Mermaid Princess! Plus, they are the perfect substitution for all the Mermaid Cupcakes that we miss so much. These cookies should tie us over until we make it back to Magic Kingdom!
Did you make the mermaid cookies? Let us know how they turned out!
From our friends at www.disneyfoodblog.com
Filed Under: disney cruise line, Disney News, Featured, News, Recipe, copycat recipes, disney at home, disney recipes, mermaid, mermaid cookies, Mermaid Cupcake, recipes