As part of Disney’s plans for a phased reopening of Walt Disney World Resort, select Disney Deluxe Villa Resorts and Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground will begin to reopen to Guests on June 22, 2020.
Guests may be receiving email communication from Disney if they have a Resort hotel booking between June 22, 2020, and July 4, 2020. Guests will need to confirm, modify, or cancel their reservations by June 12, 2020.
For guests wishing to confirm their reservations:
- Contact the Disney Reservation Center to notify Disney of Guest’s confirmation.
- As needed, guests will be moved from closed to open resorts during this time. This move will be at no additional cost to guests. Note that they won’t have an option to modify to another resort of their choosing for this reservation.
- As previously communicated, for Guests who had a dining plan, Disney will be modifying their package to remove the dining plan.
- If guests staying in Disney resorts before park opening on July 11, 2020, want to keep their reservation, they will be downgraded out of the ticket package and the package price will be reduced. Alternately, they can move their reservation to new dates, or cancel.
For Guests wishing to modify their reservations to a future date in 2020:
- Contact the Disney Reservation Center to modify the booking to a later date in 2020.
- If guests would like to modify to a date on or after July 11, 2020, they may only modify to one of the announced opened resorts, based on availability. Guests will be responsible for any higher rates.
- Travel protection may be moved to a new reservation in 2020. The Guest will be responsible for any difference in price.
For Guests wishing to cancel their reservations:
- Contact the Disney Reservation Center to notify Disney of the cancellation.
Below is a sample email being sent to guests:
“Returning to a World of Magic
Though some of our experiences have changed, the magic never fades. It never wavers. And it’s still waiting for you to come and experience it. That’s why we are excited about your upcoming stay at a Disney Resort hotel.
But to help you confirm if now is still the right time for your visit, please review the following operational updates and contact your Travel Professional to confirm, modify or cancel your upcoming visit.
Here are a few of the changes:
HEALTH AND SAFETY MEASURES
While visiting Walt Disney World Resort, all Guests ages 2 and older—along with all Cast Members—will be required to wear face coverings. To learn more about this and other measures we have put in place, visit here.
THEME PARKS & EXPERIENCES
Our Theme Parks and Water Parks will still be closed during your travel dates. We will begin a phased re-opening on July 11. However, Disney Springs is currently in a phased re-opening with many retail and dining locations ready to welcome you. For more information on locations open at Disney Springs, please visit here.
Many Disney Resort benefits and amenities may be temporarily unavailable. Select Disney Deluxe Villa Resorts and Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground will be open during your travel dates but other Disney Resort hotels will remain closed. Check here for the latest details.
If you have a reservation at a Disney Resort hotel that won’t be open during your travel dates or if you have a room and theme park ticket package, you can choose to modify your plans by contacting your Travel Professional.
During your stay, dining locations and experiences may be limited to manage capacity and foster physical distancing. To learn more about available dining options, visit here.
Resort transportation around the property will be available in a limited capacity to allow for physical distancing. Also, if you are arriving via Orlando International Airport, you may still take advantage of Disney’s Magical Express Service. Details here.
We know a stay here during this time will be different. But the world needs magic now more than ever. And we can’t wait to have you here with us. Hope to see you real soon!
Contact your Travel Professional to learn more about your reservation options and next steps.
Response requested by June 12, 2020.”
For other changes coming to Disney World next month click the links below.
- Changes to Disney World Dining when Walt Disney World reopens next month
- Changes to Disney World Transportation When Walt Disney World Opens Next Month
- Changes to Disney World Merchandise when Walt Disney World reopens next month
- Select Deluxe Resorts and Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort will be the only resorts to reopen at Disney World
- Disney World Resort has just updated information on Resort Reservations, Experiences, Transportation, Dining, and more
From our friends at chipandco.com
Filed Under: Parks & Resorts, Places to Stay, Resorts, Walt Disney World, Disney Deluxe Villa Resorts, Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground, Reservations, Walt Disney World Resort